I find that menu planning helps us stay within our budget and helps us achieve our healthy eating goals. I typically plan out 2 weeks worth of meals, leaving a few nights for leftovers or the occasional take-out.
Produce typically stays fresh long enough for me to cook with it (lettuce is a problem, though).
1. Grilled chicken tacos with fresh corn salsa served with spanish rice
2. Chicken spaghetti (always in rotation – a personal Pioneer Woman favorite)
4. Sushi with iceberg salad (my second attempt into making sushi)
5. Crockpot pulled pork bbq sandwiches w/ onion rings
7. Mini beef wellingtons with some kind of potato dish
8. Big salad with baked potatoes
9. Herb-marinated chicken breasts over orrichete pasta
10. Crockpot roast beef with mashed potatoes
11. Roasted chicken with brussel sprouts
13. Buffalo chicken pizza (a food blog sensation)
14. Homemade stromboli
I LOVE cooking breakfast on the weekends. I usually make cheese grits for Dill and I and eggs for the husband. But, I think I will make some breakfast burritos this weekend.
I am also hosting a playdate next week, I think I will pick up some hummus and other yummy things.
Filed under: Menu Planning |